RN Residency Program
White Memorial Medical Center is committed to helping new grad RNs enjoy greater success through the WWMC RN Residency Program. With a nearly 100-year tradition of patient care, we've combined our decades of successful training and mentoring with the dynamics of the WWMC RN Residency Program to give you access to one of the best RN Residency Programs available today.
The WMMC RN Residency Program fully integrates our already proven practices with innovations in guided clinical experience, custom classroom curriculum, formal mentoring and debriefing and hands-on skill development. As a result, you will achieve more confidence, feel more secure and reach your career goals with far greater ease. This five-month program offers:
- One-to-one seasoned, unit-based preceptorship
- Classroom and lab curriculum
- Individualized rotation and orientation
- Dedicated mentoring to refine skills
- Self-care and support groups
The program begins the first week of March and August. To be considered, you must provide:
- An application submitted through our Web site
- Questionnaire that will be e-mailed to candidates
- Two letters of reference from a nursing school instructor or former health care manager
- Essay describing your professional goals for the next five years
- Unofficial transcript from your school of nursing
- A professional resume
You must also pass the California Nursing Boards prior to the Residency Program start date.
All interested applicants who apply online will prepare a prescreening questionnaire and e-mail it to Recruitment@ah.org. Based on the questionnaire, selected candidates will be scheduled for a Panel Interview. Those candidates that successfully pass the panel interview will be scheduled for individual interviews with nursing managers.