How to Apply
The White Memorial Medical Center Family Medicine Residency Program only accepts applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications are accepted through December 10. Applications received after this date will be reviewed as interview space permits. No applications will be accepted after December 31. Interviews are scheduled by invitation following review of your completed application.
The following are required for a completed application:
- Common Application Form (CAF)
- Personal Statement
If any of these questions are addressed in your personal statement or C.V., please indicate. Include as many pages as you deem necessary.
- What has been your occupation between school terms?
- Has your medical education been interrupted for any period of time?, If yes please explain.
- Please describe your Family Medicine clinical experience (s).
- Please describe any experiences working in the community.
- Please list any research and publications activity.
- Why do you wish to attend this residency program?
- Medical School Transcripts
- Dean's Letter
- USMLE or COMLEX Transcripts - Requested by applicant and forwarded directly by NBME or NBOME
- Letters of Recommendation
Minimum of three (3) letters. One letter of recommendation should be from a faculty member of a Division, Department, or preceptor of Family Medicine. The remaining letters of recommendation should be from the following specialties: Surgery, Obstetrics, Psychiatry, Medicine or Pediatrics.
International medical graduates also need the following:
- ECFMG Status Report
- Applicant Evaluation Status Letter from the Medical Board of California - ERAS document or mailed separately (international medical graduates only)
Should any questions arise in the review of our materials or the completion of your application, please do not hesitate to contact our administrative office at (323) 260-5789.