The compensation figures listed below are effective beginning January 1st. The total annual compensation package includes all bonuses, incentives, etc. Board Prep/Conference Allowances are not included as they vary according to level and designation by Program Director.
- Time Off - 3 weeks of vacation plus 10 days of sick leave per year.
- Meals – All meals are provided free of charge when provided in the hospital restaurant. The On-campus Restaurant is open until 11 p.m. daily. Lunch is served in a private doctor’s dining room. Refrigerators stocked with food items are also located in the resident and operating room lounges.
- Parking – Secured, gated parking is provided to all housestaff free of charge.
- Housing – Most residents live in nearby communities of Pasadena, Glendale, Monterey Park, etc. Housing is also available on hospital grounds.
- Plan Coverage – Health and dental plans for the house officer and his/her immediately family is provided. Malpractice coverage, State Disability and life insurance are also included.
- Lab Coats – 3 provided during new resident orientation, 1 per year thereafter at no charge
- Maternity/Paternity leave policy
- Credit Union Services
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Day care on grounds for children 2-5 years old at reasonable rate
- Apple iPad provided
- Notary Services
- Internet access. E-Mail, UpToDate.com
- Book Allowance
- Electronic Medical Records
- Pay Period – The pay checks are distributed by Medical Education in a biweekly basis. Bonus checks are distributed to those up to date with their medical record dictations.
Callrooms (individual and private, either with private showers or shower adjacent) are provided for all residents when on-call. Each callroom is equipped with a computer.
A Resident Lounge with attached work out area and kitchen with both copier and internet access is available in the North building near resident support areas. This lounge includes a stocked refrigerator, lounge area with DirectTV, and pool table. Additionally, a second shared resident/employee lounge is provided with computer, kitchen and cable access for residents in the Specialty Care Tower.
Lockers are available upon request near the resident callrooms.