The compensation figures listed below are effective beginning January 1. The total annual compensation package includes all bonuses, incentives, etc. Board Prep/Conference Allowances are not included as they vary according to level and designation by Program Director.
As of January 1, 2013
- Vacation – 3 weeks paid vacation per year
- Sick Leave – 10 days of sick leave per year
- Meals – All meals are provided free of charge when provided in the hospital restaurant. The On Campus Restaurant is open until 2 am daily. Lunch is served in a private doctor’s dining room. Refrigerators stocked with food items are also located in the resident and operating room lounges.
- Parking – Secured, gated parking is provided to all housestaff free of charge.
- Housing – Most residents live in nearby communities of Pasadena, Glendale, Monterey Park, etc. Housing is also available on hospital grounds.
- Plan Coverage – Health and dental plans for the house officer and his/her immediately family is provided. Malpractice coverage, State Disability and life insurance are also included.
- Lab Coats – 3 provided during new resident orientation, 1 per year thereafter at no charge
- Maternity/Paternity leave policy
- Credit Union Services
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Day care on grounds for children 2-5 years old at reasonable rate
- Apple iPad provided
- Notary Services
- Internet access, E-Mail, ePocrates, MD consult and UpToDate
- Book Allowance
- Electronic Medical Records
- Membership to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) with access to PediaLink
Callrooms (individual and private, either with private showers or shower adjacent) are provided for all residents when on call. Each callroom is equipped with a computer.
A Resident Lounge with attached work out area and kitchen with both copier and cable access is available in the North Bldg near resident support areas. This lounge includes a food stocked
refrigerator. Additionally, a second shared resident/employee lounge is provided with computer, kitchen and cable access for residents in the Specialty Care Tower.
Lockers are available upon request near to resident callrooms.