The compensation figures listed below are effective beginning January 1st. The total annual compensation package includes all bonuses, incentives, etc. Board Prep/Conference Allowances are not included as they vary according to level and designation by Program Director.
- Vacation – 3 weeks paid vacation per year
- Sick Leave – 10 days of sick leave per year
- Meals – All meals are provided free of charge when provided in the hospital restaurant. The On Campus Restaurant is open until 2 a.m. daily. Lunch is served in a private doctor’s dining room. Refrigerators stocked with food items are also located in the resident and operating room lounges.
- Parking – Secured, gated parking is provided to all house staff free of charge.
- Housing – Most residents live in nearby communities of Pasadena, Glendale, Monterey Park, etc. Housing is also available on hospital grounds.
- Plan Coverage – Health and dental plans for the house officer and his/her immediately family is provided. Malpractice coverage, State Disability and life insurance are also included.
- Lab Coats – 3 provided during new resident orientation, 1 per year thereafter at no charge
- Maternity/Paternity leave policy
- Credit Union Services
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Day care on grounds for children 2-5 years old at reasonable rate
- PDA or Pocket PC provided
- Notary Services
- Internet access. E-Mail, UpToDate.com
- Book Allowance
- Electronic Medical Records
Callrooms (individual and private, either with private showers or shower adjacent) are provided for all residents when on-call. Each callroom is equipped with a computer.
A Resident Lounge with attached work out area and kitchen with both copier and cable access is available in the North building near resident support areas. This lounge includes a food stocked refrigerator. Additionally, a second shared resident/employee lounge is provided with computer, kitchen and cable access for residents in the Specialty Care Tower.
Lockers are available upon request near to resident callrooms.