Vascular Disease Diagnosis and Tests
Non-invasive Vascular Laboratory
The non-invasive Vascular Lab at The Heart and Vascular Care Center at White Memorial uses the latest technology available to conduct screenings and diagnosis of vascular disease. Exams are cost-effective and covered by Medicare and other insurance. White Memorial also offers many free community screenings for vascular disease.
Non-invasive vascular exams are quick, painless and easy on the patient. They usually involve ultrasound examinations or the Ankle Brachial Index exam, which uses blood pressure cuffs on the arms and ankles to measure the pressure of blood flow to arm and leg vessels.
Each patient receives a thorough evaluation, which includes a comprehensive health history, vascular exam, and a personalized discussion of risk factors and risk factor management. Services provided by the non-invasive
Vascular Lab include:
- Carotid Duplex Scan
- Peripheral Arterial Duplex Exams
- Peripheral Venous Duplex Exams
- Renal, Mesenteric, Aortic Duplex Exams
- Hemodialysis Graft Duplex Evaluations
- Peripheral Arterial and Venous Physiologic Exams
- Transcutaneous O2 Measurements
- Lifestyle changes and medication
- Interventional radiology
- Grafting or bypass